Stevens Point & Plover Transportation Initiative
The TRCCS recognizes that transportation is one of the school’s major obstacles. Considering that around 80% of students come from outside the Tomorrow River School District transportation is critical to the school’s longevity. The TRCCS Transportation Initiative is a separate fund that will help offset the high-cost of busing. TRCCS recognizes that this issue affects the entire charter school, not just the out-of-district families, as enrollment count is critical to the school’s existence.
Stevens Point Bus Stops
Please be at the stop early! In the morning, the bus will leave on schedule and in the afternoon the bus cannot move onto the next stop until all children are with a parent or approved ride. If being dropped off at the BC&G no need for parent to be there (please make sure to know the BC&G schedule as they sometimes have no services when we have school).
- 7:20: Bus arrives at Plover B&G club
- 7:25: Bus departs Plover B&G club
- 7:40: Bus arrives at YMCA
- 7:45: Bus leaves YMCA
- 8:15: Bus arrives at TRCCS
- 2:55: Bus leaves TRCCS
- 3:20-3:25: Bus arrives at the Stevens Point B&G club
- 3:30-3:35: Bus arrives at YMCA
- 3:50-3:55: Bus arrives at the Plover B&G club
2017: Billing and Rates
Please remember to take advantage of the DPI’s Transportation Reimbursement for out of District families who qualify financially. Visit http://dpi.wi.gov/open-enrollment/applications/transportation to learn more.
Full Time Billing
- Bills will be the same every month based on number of days in the school year, not exact days ridden per month. Bills will be for the months of September through May (no June bill).
- Bills will go out on the 10th of the month and will be due by the 20th for that month.
- Full time cost to families will not exceed $215 a month.
Full time rates (M-F)
- 1st child = $110 per month ~$5.86 per day
- 2nd child = $80 per month ~$4.26 per day
- 3rd child = $25 per month ~$1.33 per day
- 4th child = FREE
PK rates (M/W or T/TH)
- 1st child = $45 per month ~ $5.63 per day
- 2nd child = $40 per month ~ $5.00 per day
- 3rd child = $25 per month ~ $3.13 per day
Part time Billing and Rates
- Part time riders who have a consistent weekly schedule will let the office know and a monthly rate will be developed for them.
- Part time riders without a consistent schedule will purchase a punch card ahead of time. The punch cards will be held by the bus driver and marked off when the child rides. Cards can be bought at any time throughout the year and do not expire. Cards are non-refundable.
- The rate will be $35 per card, which will be 10 rides, with a punch representing a one-way trip to or from TRCCS
- If a card is not purchased ahead of time, children should be sent with money to pay for the ride(s) to get on the bus, this cost is $5 per ride one way.
- Exceptions will be made in emergencies at the discretion of the school. In these instances, the fee must be collected prior to the student utilizing the bus again.
If you open enroll, and your income qualifies you, you can submit for a transportation from the state of WI. Please click on the title and it will take you to the DPI website to learn more.
WE NEED YOUR HELP! A local transportation company has offered a very generous arrangement, and while we will pass two-thirds of the cost onto the families that use the service, the full cost is prohibitive.
How You Can Help
- Sponsor a family! The average cost for each child using transportation is $110 per month, or $990 for the school year.
- Sponsor a month of transportation! It costs approximately $3,000 for one month of transportation.
- Donate any amount to our Transportation Fund!
TRCCS families are generously donating their time to build our transportation fund so that EVERY CHILD that is a match for Tomorrow River Community Charter School WILL BE ABLE TO ATTEND.
TRCCS is busy planning a series of events to help build awareness of our new school and to secure support for transportation.