TRCCS holds 2 annual fundraising events, the Trike-A-Thon and the Valentine’s Dinner and Fundraiser in February. Please join us to support TRCCS!
The TRCCS Parent Circle puts on monthly parent education events. These events are for current and potential parents in the TRCCS community.
Celebrating seasonal festivals is a way of observing the recurring rhythms and cycles in nature. Sharing in the school’s festival life is deeply nourishing to our individual inner lives and contributes to the integration and stability of the entire community.
Harvest Festival: October
- As we return to school each year, the days begin to grow shorter and darker. During this contracted time, much in nature appears to die. Yet it is during this time that the inner life of humankind is nourished and strengthened.
- TRCCS has a special tradition in our celebration of Halloween. Children wear costumes that correspond with their course of study for that year.
Lantern Walk: November
- Each student creates their own lantern; families gather and walk with the lanterns singing through the woods in the dark.
Spiral Walk: December (happens during the school day)
- As the holiday season approaches, a Festival of Light with a spiral walk; candles demonstrate how each of us makes the world a brighter place when we bring our light to it.
Winter Assembly: December
- Children’s performance of songs, poems, stories and plays.
Spring Festival: May
- We celebrate May Day in honor of nature’s renewed growth and energy. The children will learn a May Pole Dance and perform it during this festival. This is the last festival before the end of the school year.