Parental involvement is critical for the success of the TRCCS’s students. Contact with parents is frequent and all parents are introduced to the school’s culture of giving. Parents are encouraged to offer 40 volunteer hours per year for the benefit of the school. This time may be donated in many ways including time in the classroom, in the school’s organic garden and as a chaperon on school trips, TRCCS events, on the Parent Circle, etc. Community and family experts will be utilized in delivering instruction in conjunction with the certified staff of the charter school and helping with outreach and fundraising.
Thank you to all of our amazing volunteers, you make our school!
Governance Board Members
We are currently seeking members for our Governance Board. Terms are 2 years with no term limit. We invite you to join us for one of the TRCCS Governance Board meetings which take place at the Central Wisconsin Environmental Station (CWES), 10186 County Road MM, Amherst Junction, WI. Meetings are open to the public and happen monthly, please check the calender.
General Expectations for Governance Board Members
- Support the Tomorrow River Community Charter School’s (TRCCS) mission, purpose, goals, policies, programs and philosophy, while knowing its strengths and needs.
- Serve actively on committees as requested by the board Chair. Each board member will be required to serve on one committee and possibly chair that committee.
- Attend activities and events sponsored by TRCCS whenever possible.
- Be available to attend no less than one Board Retreat a year. These may be weekend or overnight affairs.
- SPEAK WITH ONE VOICE when discussing school matters with the community.
- Prepare for and attend 100% of scheduled meetings.
- Avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest that might impact the Board or TRCCS, and disclose any possible conflicts to the Board in a timely fashion.
- Participate actively in all school fundraising special events, programs and activities.
If you have interest in serving on the Governance Board please attend a meeting. To apply we ask for a letter of interest. If you have any questions feel free to call or email and please spread the word.
In addition to our need for Governance Board members we also need committee members. We have 4 standing committees:
Board Development Committee: Primary responsibility for matters pertaining to Governance Board recruitment, nominations, orientation, training and evaluation.
Funding Committee: Primary responsibility for raising non-per-pupil allotment funds, grants and private donations to meet the budgetary needs of the charter school.
Public Relations and Marketing Committee: Primary responsibility of promotion and marketing.
School Operations Committee: Primary responsibility of assuring the day-to-day operational policies and procedures are in place to enhance the schools operations. This committee informs and ensures the Governance Board has the necessary information to effectively operate and perform is fiduciary duty, carry out supervision, recruitment, hiring and evaluation of TRCCS employees. It will also support teacher professional development and curriculum.
If you have any interest in serving on a committee please email or call our office and we will put you in touch with the committee chair. If you know someone with expertise in any of these areas please let them know of our needs and suggest this as a volunteer opportunity.