Tomorrow River Virtual Charter School
The Tomorrow River Virtual Charter School (TRVCS) is for students in pre‑kindergarten through 6th grade providing a combination of virtual and face-to-face learning opportunities. These services will be available for students residing within Wisconsin. If you live outside of the Tomorrow River School District you will need to also complete an Open Enrollment application for admission.
We are now accepting applications for the 2018-19 School Year. Please also visit the DPI website to find the Open Enrollment application.
We are still accepting applications for the 2017-18, please find the applications below.
TRVCS creates a Waldorf school community for students learning at home. TRVCS student’s curriculum will align with Tomorrow River Community Charter School (TRCCS) and students will be involved in the TRCCS community, seasonal festivals and activities at the TRCCS school site. The TRVCS will coordinate with students and parent/guardians, answering questions about the on-line curriculum and guiding them with additional materials and activities. The TRVCS teacher will utilize phone, email, videos, and video conferencing to engage with TRVCS students and parents/guardians. The TRVCS teacher will make home visits and coordinate group activities with other TRVCS families.
The TRVCS teacher will be responsible for:
- Improving learning by planned instruction.
- Diagnosing learning needs.
- Prescribing content delivery through class activities.
- Assessing learning.
- Reporting outcomes to administrators and parents and guardians.
- Evaluating the effects of instruction.
- TRVCS will provide services to its pupils for at least 150 days each school year.
- It will ensure that its teachers are available to provide direct pupil instruction for at least the applicable number of hours specified in 121.02 (1) (f) each school year. No more than 10 hours in any 24-hour period may count toward the requirement under this subdivision.
- It will ensure that its teachers respond to inquiries from pupils and from parents or guardians of pupils by the end of the first school day following the day on which the inquiry is received.
- Parent advisory council (Parent Circle): The TRCCS Governance Board will ensure that the TRVCS has a representative on the established Parent Circle that meets monthly and reports to the Governance Board monthly during the school year.
- At the beginning of each school term, the TRCCS Governance Board shall inform the parent or guardian of each pupil attending the virtual charter school, in writing, the name of, and how to contact, each of the following persons:
- The members of the school board that contracted for the establishment of the TRVCS and the administrators of that school district.
- The members of the TRVCS’s Governance Board
- The members of the TRCCS’s Parent Circle
- The TRVCS and TRCCS Employees
- The TRVCS teacher will be the liaison between the TRCCS grades teachers and the TRVCS students. The blocks taking place at TRCCS will be mimicked at TRVCS so that field trips and guest speakers will align with both curriculum’s. The TRVCS teacher will coordinate field trips, seasonal festivals, and other hands-on learning opportunities with the TRCCS educators.
- The TRVCS teacher will coordinate with the TRCCS single subject (specialty) teachers to share content and give support in those areas of instruction for TRVCS students
- The TRVCS teacher will collaborate between Main Lesson teachers, with the School Coordinator, and Governance Board
The Charter Contract with the Tomorrow River School District was approved on July 10th. You can click on the link below to view the Charter.